Senior Digital Product Manager
User Experience | Digital Development & Strategy | Project Management
I’m a experienced Digital Product Manager with a range of skills in Project Management, User Experience, Digital Development and Strategy acquired within the media, energy, travel, and education sectors.
I have 16 years experience with a proven track record in leading digital teams. Specialising in bridging an organisation’s business and technical teams, enabling them to create, launch and maintain multi-million pound digital products.
Oct 2015 – Present
Digital Development Manager
Skills Development Scotland
Skills Development Scotland (SDS) is the national skills body supporting the people and businesses of Scotland to develop and apply their skills.
I lead the team responsible for the design, development and measurement of our core sites, serving over 2 million users per year. Additionally I track our procedures and tools to ensure best practice across our digital operations.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Technical Development & Digital Platforms
- User Experience & Design
- Agile Development Process
- Led the development team through the re-launch of the new My World of Work site. Migrating over 600,000 users to the new platform
- Implementation of Agile best practises across the Digital Services directorate. Increasing efficiency and output of the development process
- Grew the in-house development team from 2 contract developers to 6 full time staff. Resulting in more control, consistency, and cost savings
Mar 2015 – Aug 2015
Skyscanner is a global travel search engine, allowing users to compare flights, hotels and car hire. As a Product Manager I led a team developing features for 3 products: The ‘everywhere’ search; flexible dates and the flights map.
- Improved mobile conversion rate through Agile A/B testing of numerous UI improvements
- Creation and launch of a new flights map, resulting in an increase in booking conversions by 73%
Jan 2013 – Mar 2015
Content and User Experience Manager
Scottish Power supplies energy to over 5 million customers in the UK. As the Content & User Experience Manager I managed all user experience development including research, user journey definition, wireframe creation and design across the website and mobile apps.
- Reduced website bounce rate by 52% through the creation of new site structure and user focused content. This was based on full review of the existing website, utilising user research (interviews, focus groups, card sorting exercises) and analytics
- Increased online sales conversions by 150% through the delivery of A/B user tests. I led the mapping of the user journey, created wireframes for each of the tests, and oversaw the design and development of the new sales process
- Provided UX and design oversight for the new iOS and Android apps, ensuring that the final product matched the user and business requirements
Jul 2011 – Dec 2012
Digital Product Manager
STV is Scotland’s leading media organisation. As a Digital Product Manager I was responsible for the end to end development of key digital products – News, Sport and Entertainment – and introducing a cutting edge responsive website.
- Creation of a new responsive website structure and custom CMS for all of STV’s digital products. I undertook the business requirements gathering, and worked with the technical leads to produce detailed project specifications and project plans
- Managed the development team day to day through the creation of new responsive templates and a modular framework, acting as the Product Owner and functioning as the liaison between the development team and the STV management team
Dec 2007 – Jul 2011
Web Producer for s1, one of Scotland’s most successful internet companies. Primarily focused on leading the development of s1homes.com and s1cars.com.
- Led the development of the innovative s1cars cashback concept. Leading to 102% increase in monthly site traffic
- 1st independent UK property portal to integrate Google Street View
Jun 2006 – Dec 2007
Senior Consultant for a business change consultancy. Undertaking project management roles that required a high level of integration with client’s staff and systems.
Mar 2005 – Mar 2006
Travelling and working in a variety of sales and marketing roles throughout Australia and New Zealand. Gaining experience in different countries and cultures.
Apr 2001 – Feb 2005
Consultant for market-leading global consultancy. Gaining a variety of digital experience through diverse technical roles with global organisations such as AOL, Microsoft, and British Telecom.
1996 – 2000
University of Strathclyde
Upper Second Class Honours
• Management Information Systems
• Creative Problem Solving
• Operations Management
• Effective Resource Planning
• Performance Measurement
• Marketing Research and Communication